Thursday, August 9, 2007

Words fail me.

I'm waiting in the Orlando airport for my flight home, and each time I feel an airplane rumble past on the runway, I'm reminded of the sensations from yesterday evening's launch of Endeavor.

The opportunity to see again so many of the teachers who shared Barbara's fervor for both space and education for all of these years was incredible. I'm pleased to report that teachers don't apparently age, they just go on to found space science organizations of their own.

For now, I just want to share one image: a group of teachers in the bleachers at the Saturn V viewing site, chanting with tears in their eyes:

Give me a B!
Give me an A!
Give me an R!
Give me a B!
What does it spell?
BARB!


It was an undeserved honor to be with them for the launch.

No comments: